Why You'll Love This Job!
180 Health Partners works with health plans and physicians to identify, engage and support women who are pregnant and dependent on opioids, through the process of detoxification, to prevent babies from being born dependent on opioids.
As a Partner Advocate, you would work in the field and coordinate care on behalf of women who are receiving inpatient care, along with home and community services. Your prior experience with substance abuse facilities are essential in relaying the important information about the patient’s needs and advocating for the best possible care available. You would work within a family-focused culture and have the benefit of learning both the clinical and business sides of 180 Health Partners.
Partner Advocate Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans and implements care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate and least restrictive level of care.
- Collaborates with patient, family and healthcare providers to develop an individualized plan of care.
- Facilitates in-home or community follow-up visits.
- Identifies and initiates referrals for social service programs – including financial, psycho-social, community and state supportive services.
- Advocates for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the healthcare team.
- Utilizes approved clinical criteria to assess and determine appropriate level of care for patients.
- Documents all patient assessments, care plan and referrals provided.
- Responsible for achieving set goals/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and utilization management rounds and provides information to assist with safe transitions of care.
- Engages in on-call crisis line management.
- Promotes responsible and ethical stewardship of 180 resources.
- Travel could exceed 50% time and include occasional overnights.
- Maintains excellent punctuality and attendance during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Partner Advocate Qualifications Required:
- Unrestricted Social Worker (LCSW or LPC).
- 1+ year clinical or case management experience.
- 1+ year of inpatient, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living experience.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Computer proficiency; must be able to type and navigate a Cloud-based environment and designated teleconferencing application.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of 180 through values and practices.
- Medicare or Medicaid.
- A background working in maternal population.
- A background in maternal/substance abuse populations.