At 180 Health Partners We Are Partnering With Expecting Mothers To Turn The Tide Of Prenatal Substance Use Resulting In The Delivery Of Healthy Thriving Babies!Nurse Advocate Description:
180 Health Partners works with health plans and physicians to identify, engage and support women who are pregnant and facing substance exposed pregnancy, to help them stabilize their lives and mitigate the risk of neonatal opiate withdrawal syndrome.
Nurse Advocates to provide nursing education and support to prenatal and postpartum clients. The clients served by 180 Health Partners are in varying stages of recovery from substance use and dependence. The Nurse Advocate utilizes the 180 Health Partners guidelines in planning care, assessing client needs and completing health screenings and assessments. The Nurse Advocate coordinates with 180 Health Partners team, primary care providers, managed care organizations and community agencies to provide quality care for clients. Nurse Advocate Responsibilities:
- Provides education and support to clients through use of in person and video-conference visits, teleconference and text messaging.
- Completes all recommended assessments/screenings following 180 guidelines.
- Identifies individual client needs and documents intervention based on standardized assessment.
- Refers clients to other members of the 180 team or community resources as determined by assessment of individual client needs. Documents outcomes for each referral made.
- Contributes to case management meetings to ensure team approach is delivered for each client.
- Engages in on-call crisis management.
- Responsible for achieving set goals/Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Completes documentation for client contacts, cancellations and care plan updates based on 180 policies.
- Communicates professionally with clients, families, physicians, community agencies, agency leadership and office staff. Follows chain of command in communicating concerns or recommendations.
- Promotes responsible and ethical stewardship of 180 resources.
- Travel may exceed 50% time and include occasional overnights.
- Maintains excellent punctuality and attendance during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of 180 through values and practices that integrate trauma informed care into client centered services.
- Graduation from an accredited RN program (associate degree, diploma or BSN).
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse through the State of Tennessee, Florida, or Kentucky or NCSBN (National Council of State Boards of Nursing).
- 3+ years of experience with obstetrical/women’s health nursing/pediatrics/NICU.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer proficiency must be able to type and navigate Cloud-based environment.
- Experience with mental health
- Experience with supporting individuals in recovery